Bûche de Noël Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
Ingredients1 sponge cake (see vanilla swiss roll recipe)
- 400 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 80 gm sugar
- 40 gm cornstarch
- 2 tsp expresso
- 125 gm butter
- 200 gm chocolate
- 200 gm whipping cream
- 80 gm butter
How to make Bûche de Noël
For Coffee cream :
1. Boil milk.
2. Beat sugar and egg yolks in a bowl.
3. Add in cornstarch and mix well.
4. Pour half of the boiling milk whilst stirring.
5. Pour mixture back in the remaining hot milk, mix well and cook on low heat till it boils. Add in the expresso.
6. Let the cream cool (don't forget to whisk from time to time).
7. In another bowl, soften the butter using a spatula.
8. Add the butter to the coffee cream one spoonful at a time.
9. Spread the cream on sponge cake. Roll the cake and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
1. Bring whipping cream and butter to boil.
2. Turn off the heat, add in chopped chocolate and beat well until combined.
3. Let it cool down and put it in the fridge.
4. Whisk it from time to time.
5. Take it off the fridge before it is completely set.
6. Cut a diagonal slice at one end of the cake and stick it with a bit of cream to form the branch.
7. Spread the ganache over the bûche and add some Christmas figures to complete the festive look.
8. Put the cake in the fridge to set before serving.
Merry Christmas !