Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Pineapple-Apricot Sauce Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/2 pineapple preserves
- 1/2 apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup pineapple-apricot horseradish sauce or honey mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
For the shrimp:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp
- canola or peanut oil for frying
How to make Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Pineapple-Apricot Sauce
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing all ingredients together in a small heatproof bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and set aside.
- Put about 2 inches of oil in a large, deep pot. Begin heating oil to 325 degrees F. While oil is heating, prepare the shrimp as follows.
- Place flour in a wide, shallow plate or baking dish. Place eggs in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Combine panko, coconut, allspice and salt in another wide, shallow plate or baking dish.
- Dip each shrimp in flour, coating both sides. Shake off any excess. Dip into egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Then, dip shrimp into panko/coconut mixture, patting it into the shrimp to stick.
- Carefully, drop the shrimp into the oil, 5-6 at a time, and fry until golden brown, no more than 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all shrimp are cooked.
- Serve shrimp with Spicy Pineapple-Apricot Dipping Sauce.
Hungry? Visit me at Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy for more great recipes!