Char Sui Cheat Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsFor two people:
4 chicken thighs or drumsticks (with skin is much tastier!)
6 large tbsp pre-made char sui sauce
3 tbsp honey
4 large tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp groundnut oil
How to make Char Sui Cheat
- The night before, mix together the char sui sauce, honey, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and give them a marinade bathing.
- Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Place chicken skin-side down onto a foiled oven tray. Pour some of the excess marinade over the chicken, leaving some aside.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over, pour over the rest of the marinade and roast for 10 minutes.
- If they’re not done, turn the tray around and roast for another 5-7
minutes until the juice runs clear when you stick a knife through.