"Deluxe Congee" Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 cup of long grain Chinese white Rice
- 10 cups of chicken stock, diluted with some water (you might need to add more stock or water during the cooking process, as it might thicken.)
- Salt and pepper
- Cha siu pork (I used leftovers lol.)
- Some pieces of cut chicken
- Pieces of bay scallops
- Pieces of white fish or salmon
- Ginger, cut into slivers.
- Green onions, cut up.
- Sesame seed oil
- Monosodium Glutamate
How to make "Deluxe Congee"
This is congee I make when I am hungry, have time and patience to stay at the stove and stir. Enjoy~
- In a big pot, add the water and stock.
- Add the rice and let it simmer with lid on for a while. Bring to a boil.
- Remove lid, stir, add the meats and put cover again. Bring to a slow simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, until it's creamy consistency. Come back and forth to check, stir, and make sure it's not over-thickened. Add stock or water to keep right consistency. Add sesame seed oil and msg to taste.
- Remove from heat afterwards, and add the cha siu pork, ginger and green onions as garnish. Serve with chinese fried donuts and soy sauce.