Pizza Pasta Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Spiral pasta, preferably egg noodles. I used whole wheat egg noodles sans yolk.
- 1 can of tomato sauce OR 1 can of spaghetti sauce. (omit the herbs if you like if youre using prepared spaghetti sauce.)
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil, oregano and parsley.
- 1 small onion, diced.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced finely.
- 0.5 kg of ground beef.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped.
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped up.
- 10-12 slieces of pepperoni sausage, cut into thin disks.
- Salt and pepper.
- Red pepper flakes for heat if you like.
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock, more or less.
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to make Pizza Pasta
The little brother wanted pizza, I had no flour. So I made it in form of a pasta. O: Enjoy! Great for clearing leftover veggies or such, great cheap food and is ideal for a poor college student such as me. lolol. Kids like it, so long as you omit the veggies.
- Prepare the pasta to package directions in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Fry the ground beef, garlic and onions. Set aside when browned in a pot.
- Fry up the green peppers and mushrooms. Combine in pot when done.
- Fry up the pepperoni and set aside.
- Add the tomato sauce, herbs, chicken stock and pepper flakes. Set pot to simmer.
- Put pasta in casserole tray (ones used for lasagna.) Add cheese on top of pasta and mix.
- When sauce is ready, little by little, ladle some sauce to mix into the pasta. Pasta should be somewhat covered in sauce.
- Add cheese all around, then add more sauce.
- Add the pepperoni on top, moistened a bit with the sauce. Add the final cheese mix after.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve. Makes a very filling dish with about 8-10 servings.