Tea-fragrant & Browny Marble Eggs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp black tea leaves (I used 1 tea bag to replace tea leaves)
- 4 pcs star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cracked peppercorns (optional)
* You can use 3-5 tsp of chinese 5 spice powder to replace star anise & cinnamon stick.
How to make Tea-fragrant & Browny Marble Eggs
- Tap each egg shells to slightly crack in two or three places with a knife. Place in a pot of water.
- Add other ingredients and stir well. Cover and simmer for at least 2 hours, adding water as necessary.
**For stronger flavour & deeper colour, cook longer.
**Sauce can be frozen and reused.