Lemon Poppyseed Yogurt Waffles Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- zest from one lemon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
How to make Lemon Poppyseed Yogurt Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine flour, salt, baking soda, lemon zest, and poppyseeds.
- In a separate bow, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, yogurt, milk, and melted butter. Set aside.
- In a third bowl or electric mixer, whip egg whites and cream or tartar to soft peaks.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in buttermilk mixture. Mix gently with a whisk until just incorporated. Some lumps are OK.
- Toward the end of mixing, fold in egg whites.
- Bake in waffle maker until crisp and golden.
- Serve with powdered sugar, berry syrup, maple syrup or anything else delicious.