Cuey Choy (Napa) meatball Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Cuey Choy (washed and cut into large pieces, around 10 cups)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups of ground chicken
- 1 egg, 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped scallion
How to make Cuey Choy (Napa) meatball
My grandmother used to make this dish very often. According to her, this is a tranditional dish from northern China. She said that during long and cold northern China winters, Cuey Choy is the only vegetable available. Therefore, she has many recipes with this vegetable.
- Fry the scallion in oil. Cook until brown.
- Add Cuey Choy and chicken stock. Cover with lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until Cuey Choy is soft.
- Mix chicken with egg, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil.
- Drop spoonfulls of the ground chicken on top of the Cuey Choy. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.