Lotus Root Lox Tong Ho (Shingiku) Salad Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Tong Ho (aka Shingiku or garland chrysanthemum)
- Lotus root
- Lox or smoked salmon
- Lemon wedges
- Lite soy (used for sashimi)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Lotus Root Lox Tong Ho (Shingiku) Salad
I got this recipe from 星級廚房.
- Thinly slice the lotus root.
- Then soak the slices of lotus root with cold water with some vinegar for 5 minutes.
- Boil water and blanch the lotus root for 1 minute.
- Whisk the soy, olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper together to create the dressing.
- Add the lotus root to the dressing.
- Clean the tong ho and spread it across a huge plate.
- Pile the lotus root on top of the tong ho
- Add slices of lox across the lotus root.
- Finish off with a squeeze of lemon.