Blackened Catfish with Crawfish Etouffee Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 to 8 catfish filets
- 8 tablespoons of melted butter
- your favourite blackened seasoning, to taste
- vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound of butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt, black pepper, and cayenne to taste
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups of water
- 1 pound of crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
How to make Blackened Catfish with Crawfish Etouffee
- Dredge each filet in the melted butter and coat, to taste, with the blackened seasoning.
- Oil a medium-sized, heavy skillet and place over medium heat. Brown each side for approximately 7 minutes.
- In a medium-sized, heavy pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, bell pepper, celery, and bay leaves until tender.
- Add the flour and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato paste, mix well. Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne, water, and crawfish tails. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add the green onions.