Fish Tacos with Pineapple Cole Slaw Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsFor the fish:
8 two-inch-by-four inch tilapia fillets
2 cups rice flour
2 cups soda water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Oil for frying
8 corn tortillas for serving
For the coleslaw:
1 cup of cabbage, shredded
1 cup of red cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup canned cubed pineapple with juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon mustard
For the sauce:
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
2 teaspoons sugar
How to make Fish Tacos with Pineapple Cole Slaw
- Remove the tilapia from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Mix the flour, soda water, egg, salt, baking powder, and garlic powder into a bowl until it has the consistency of pancake batter. Dip each piece of fish in the batter and then put aside so the batter sets.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees or medium high heat. Fry each piece of fish until golden brown and cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the coleslaw in a large bowl and let sit in the refrigerator for several hours to let the flavors combine.
- To make the sauce, mix the ranch and the taco seasoning right before serving the fish tacos.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a wet towel and microwave for 30 seconds to make them pliable. Use two tortillas to form the shell instead of one. Fill the taco with two pieces of fish then add a heaping pile of slaw and top with sauce.