Thyme Marmalade Chicken Skewers Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
- 36 to 40 (6-inch) wooden skewers
How to make Thyme Marmalade Chicken Skewers
1. Combine everything except chicken and skewers in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at least 4 hours.
3. When ready to cook, heat oven to 425 degrees F and arrange a rack in the middle. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and thread 1 piece of chicken on each skewer.
4. Heat the reserved marinade in a small saucepan until boiling and boil for 3 minutes. Cool a bit before using.
5. Arrange skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, flip skewers and baste with remaining marinade (you don't need to use it all). Bake about 5 more minutes, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.