Coconut Spiced Vegetables Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 1,75 pt (3,5 cup) water (1l or less).
- Salt to taste.
- 2,5 lb assorted vegetables - julienned (1 kg).
- 0,35 oz (1,5 tbs) cumin pips (10 g).
- 1,5 oz (3 cloves) garlic - peeled.
- 2 fresh chillies.
- 5 curry leaves.
- 6 fl oz (3/4 cup) coconut milk (180 ml).
- 3,5 oz (3/4 cup) coconut grated (100 g).
How to make Coconut Spiced Vegetables
- Pour the water, with a little salt, into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook each vegetables separately until just tender, remove vegetables,but reserve the water.
- Pour (13 fl oz)/(1,35 cups) 400 ml of the vegetables water into liquidizer, add cumin, garlic and chilli, puree until fine.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and add curry leaves, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and heat through.
- At the last minute, add coconut milk, season to taste.
- Arrange on plates and sprinkle with grated coconut.