Spring pizza Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsFlour - 3 cups
1 teaspoon / 1 sachet of yeast
3 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup of cut roast lamb
1 cup of asparagus - chopped, and woody ends removed
1 can of tomato's or passata
cheese of your choice / what you have in the fridge/ gruyere
How to make Spring pizza
- In a bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water, the sugar, and the yeast.
- Put the tomatoes in a pan with a splash of balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt, and the basil. Reduce until its a sauce consistancy, not watery anymore...
- When your yeast is nice and frothy (5 mins or so), add the flour, salt, olive oil and baking powder
- On a floured surface, kneed into a nice ball of dough, adding more flour to keep it from getting sticky
- Roll it out with a floured rolling pin, this is probably enough dough for two bases, you see, I eat a whole pizza, so I make another one for my wife
- Put your base on an oiled pizza stone or a tray, put on yer sauce, lamb, chopped asparagus, olives, and finally cheese and black pepper
- cook in the oven until the base is crispy.
- Take a cold beer out of the fridge, put the pizza on a small table with a red and white table cloth, get your book, and look out over the Alps while you eat your way to happiness.