Mexican Chicken Stew Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Kosher salt
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
How to make Mexican Chicken Stew
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and aromatic. Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and stock.
2. Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
3. Cut the lime in half, squeeze juice into the pot, and then add the juiced halves as well.
4. Add white rice and cook 5 minutes longer to warm rice through. Season, to taste, with salt.
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Time: 30 min, Makes 6 servings, Difficulty: Easy