Pine Bark Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 35 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 (4-ounce) milk chocolate bars, broken into pieces
How to make Pine Bark
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a 15 by 10 by 1-inch jelly roll pan with tin foil. Lightly spray foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
3. Place saltine crackers, salty side up, in prepared pan. In a saucepan, boil butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract. Pour mixture over crackers and bake for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven, top with candy bars, and spread evenly as chocolate begins to melt. Cool slightly and transfer onto waxed paper. Allow to cool completely.
Makes 35 squares, Difficulty: Intermediate