Vietnamese Sizzling Crêpes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 bag of crêpe mix (Vietnamese Golden Bells)
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (Chaokoh)
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced on bias
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 12 shrimps, peeled & halved lengthwise
- 4 oz Vietnamese lean pork sausage, julienned
- 6 buttons mushrooms, sliced
- fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 Persian lime, juiced
- 4 big garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 bird’s eye chili peppers, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small European seedless cucumber, julienned
- handful of mint
- handful of cilantro
- handful of shallot crisps
How to make Vietnamese Sizzling Crêpes
Pour crêpe mix along with coconut milk, water and scallions into a bowl and stir well. Set aside.
Place a skillet on high heat and drizzle with oil. Throw in shallots and toss until fragrant. Add mushrooms and sauté for a minute and then add shrimp and pork sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For the dressing, bring water to a boil and dissolve sugar. When sugar is dissolved completely, pour this simple syrup into a small bowl to cool. Once cool, add the lime juice, garlic, chili peppers and fish sauce and stir together.
To make the crêpe, heat up a large non-stick pan with a drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot enough, ladle in the batter and swirl pan to make a thin layer. When the edges of the crêpe pulls away from the pan and the bottom turns a golden brown, place a heaping spoon of filling close to center and fold the crêpe over to make a half circle. Let it finish cooking for another minute or so and transfer to plate. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of shallot crisps and side of salad and dressing.