Scotch Eggs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Peeled hard boiled eggs (as many as you like!)
- Sausage meat (enough to cover the eggs)
- 1 egg (beaten)
How to make Scotch Eggs
- Make sure boiled eggs are chilled, and roll each egg in flour.
- Wrap a layer of sausage meat around each egg, completely covering it. You might need to press the meat into the egg, but be careful not to squash it!
- Dip the sausage wrapped eggs into the beaten egg, and roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil on a medium heat, and cook each scotch egg for approximately five minutes, until the sausage is fully cooked.
- Drain on a paper towel and refrigerate.
- Best eaten cold! They're a great party food or for picnics etc.