Chips Crusted Chicken Cutlet Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
IngredientsServings : 4
- Chicken Breast Fillet - 2 large, (2 lb), boneless and skinless
- Crinkled Potato Chips - 2 cups, crushed roughly
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Plain flour - 1 cup
- Garlic Salt - 1 tsp
- Pepper - to taste (but be generous as it tastes pretty good)
- Oil- for frying
How to make Chips Crusted Chicken Cutlet
- 1. Slice each chicken fillet in half lengthwise, to make two flatter disks.
Place a plastic wrap on the cutting board, place the fillets on the
wrap and with a meat tenderizer, flatten the chicken fillets into 1/2
cm thick fillets. If you do not have a meat tenderizer you can use a
rolling pin to flatten the meat. Be very careful when flattening, as
the flesh is very delicate and will rip or smash up if you do not do it
- 3. Sprinkle some garlic salt (1/2 tsp) and freshly
ground black pepper on the fillets. Bear in mind that the potato chips
will also be salty. So, the seasoning should be done a little less than
you would normally.
- 4. Sprinkle the flour on the fillets to coat.
- 5. Crush the potato chips and place them in a flat plate or on another cutting board.
- 6. Put the milk in another plate, sprinkle some more black pepper and garlic salt (1/2 tsp) in the milk, carefully dip each chicken fillet in the milk and then dredge them in the crushed chips to create a crunchy coating.
- 7. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and immediately fry the fillets till they turn crispy and gold brown, over medium heat, about 3-4 min on each side.
- 8. Serve it with a side of roasted vegetables or potato fries or with green salad or even in a sandwich.