Cottage Chicken Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Chicken thighs - 4, boned and skinned, cut into thin strips
- Carrots - 2 med, sliced into 2 inch long pieces
- Cauliflower florets - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 lrg, sliced thinly lengthwise
- Green chili - 2/3 sliced
- Cilantro - 1/2 cup, chopped coarsly
- For the marinade:
- Cottage Cheese - 1.5 cup
- White Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Curry powder - 2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 2/3 tsp
- Salt & pepper - to taste
How to make Cottage Chicken
- 1. In a sealable bowl, mix in all the ingredients for the marinade. Marinate the thigh strips, overnight, refrigerated.
- 2. Prepare the vegetables and set aside.
- 3. In a non-stick wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil, add the onions, carrots and cauliflower florets.
Season with salt and pepper. Saute on high heat for about 4-5 min till
they are cooked but still crunchy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add 2 more tbsp oil to the pan, heat. Add the chicken thigh strips to
the oil, reserving the marinade. Saute on high heat till cooked through
for about 8-10 min, till the chicken strips are slightly crispy and you
can see the oil separated from the chicken pieces.
- 5. Mix
in half cup of hot water to the marinade and add it to the pan. Simmer
on med heat till the cheese melts and creates thick sticky gravy.
- 6. Stir in the chopped cilantro and the green chilies, turn the heat off.
- 7. On a bed of plain white rice, spoon a serving of the sauteed veggies, top it with a generous serving of the chicken and gravy. Garnish with some cilantro, serve.