Kebab Pockets Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Pocket pita breads - 4, cut in half
- Avocado - 1, diced
- Vine tomatoes - 2, diced
- Red onion - 1 sml, diced
- Feta cheese crumbles - 1 cup
- Romain lettuce - 4 leaves, chopped (you can use any greens of your choice)
- For the Kebabs:
- Ground beef - 1 lb (450 gm)
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp ( or to taste)
- Dried herbs - 1 tsp (a blend of oregano, rosemary, thyme and parsley)
- Jalapeno - 1, finely chopped
- Garlic cloves - 2, finely chopped
- Ketchup - 1 tbsp
- For the Sauce:
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup
- Ketchup - 3 tbsp
- Lemon/Lime juice - 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp (freshly made, or just use finely chopped garlic)
- Chili Sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt & pepper - to taste
How to make Kebab Pockets
- 1. In a bowl mix in all the ingredients for the kebabs. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Chop the avocado, tomato, onions and the lettuce. Divide into 8 equal portions, set aside.
- 3. Heat your griddle to smoking hot. If you do not have a stove-top or electric griddle, you can also use a pan or a skillet.
- 4. Take the beef out of the fridge and form into flat disks/patties. The recipe should yield about 8 disks.
- 5. Sear the meat patties on your hot griddle for about 2-3 min each side. Remove and let it rest on a plate. You should not need any oil as the fat released from the beef will be more than enough to lubricate and cook the kebabs.
- 6. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix in all the ingredients for the sauce, set aside. Once all the kebabs are done, use the griddle to warm/toast up the pocket pita breads.
- 7. Fill the pita pockets as such, lettuce-> tomato-> avocado-> onions-> feta cheese and then the kebabs (1 each for each pita pocket) and top it with a generous amount of the sauce. I had roughly chopped up my kebab patties. You can serve it either chopped or whole. Enjoy!