Courgette Frittata Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- 1 big or 2 medium courgettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 onion (up to you - I prefer onions in my meals)
- 4 eggs
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make Courgette Frittata
So... I bought a new Italian cookbook. The name is "Italian - One step at a time". There are other books in this stlye. Like "Baking", "Classics" and "Asian". So... I have all these books - but at home in Switzerland and not here in Rome. So urgently had to buy a new one. *g* Well... here my first try with this book. The recipe says it serves 6. But they use 12 eggs! So.. as I was alone I used just 3 eggs - but about 2 big courgettes. So next time I will use 4 eggs or so.. anyway... Just go on with this recipe and it will taste great!
- Finely snip the herbs and cut the courgettes into rounds.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, add the garlic, onion and courgettes. Cook, stirring, over a high heat for 5 minutes. Remove the garlic and season.
- Briskly beat the eggs in a large bowl with a fork. Add the grated Parmesan, the snipped herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the courgettes then cook over a medium-high heat, shaking the pan frequently.
- When the eggs start to set at the edges, bring them into the centre using a wooden spoon.
- As soon as the base is set, place a large plate over the frying pan and quickly invert it. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan then slide frittata back into the pan to brown on the second side.
- The frittata should be golden-brown on the outside and soft inside.
- Serve hot, with a salad, or cold as an aperitif, cut into cubes.
- You can use various vegetables in a frittata: pan-fried artichokes, petit pois, aspargus tips, peppers, and so forth.