Orange Cream Cheese Mousse Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- A layer of sponge cake cut into 8 small circles
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 of a vanilla pod
(or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract).
- 2.5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
(dissolved in a little bit of water)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 package of orange jello
How to make Orange Cream Cheese Mousse
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until soft, add in the seeds in the vanilla pod + lemon juice.
- Add in the dissolved gelatin and beat until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Separately, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form and fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the cake layers in molds/cups and pour the mousse on top. Refrigerate until set.
- Prepare the orange jello according to package directions.
- When the jello has cooled down, pour over the mousse and refrigerate.
- Decorate with orange slices + whipped cream before serving.