Vanilla cupcakes with Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 150 g softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup very full self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
Chocolate Frost for 8 or 12 cups(I normally make frost for only 8 cups because some prefer no frost.)
- 50 or 100 g dark chocolate
- 25 or 50 g butter
- 1 or 2 tbsp milk
- 1 or 2 tbsp icing sugar
How to make Vanilla cupcakes with Chocolate Sauce
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with cake cases
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one
- Add vanilla extract
- Fold in sifted flour and salt. mix well
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake in the oven at 180c until cooked through and golden, about 18-20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
For the frost
- Melt chocolate, butter, milk and icing sugar in a bowl over boiling water.
- Stir continuously until mix well and in the right texture. If it's too liquid, add bits of chocolate, and icing sugar.
- Leave to cool (I put it in a fridge for 10 minutes after it's cool down to get spreadable texture.)
- Spoon frost onto the cakes.
- Leave to set before decorating with strawberries.