Kaffir Lime Sorbet Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 12 kaffir lime leaves, destemmed and julienned
- 150g (2/3c) sugar
- 350ml (1.5c) whole milk
- 175ml (3/4c) coconut cream (unsweetened)
- juice on one lime
- pinch of salt
How to make Kaffir Lime Sorbet
I wanted to capture the fragrant brightness of Kaffir lime leaves in something cold and refreshing. This sorbet manages to express a cool, clean, citrus note with sweetness balanced by the acidity of the lime.
- Grind lime leaves and sugar together in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle until the lime leaves are ground finely and the sugar is fragrant.
- Heat the whole milk to warm but not simmering, then stir in the sugar/lime leaf mixture and the salt. Remove from heat and let steep for ten minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream and lime juice. Chill until cool.
- Process in an ice cream maker.