Pork Stew with Tomatoes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 5 Garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 Red onion, cut in 4 halves
- 1 Plump red tomato, cut in 4 halves
- 350g Pork tenderloin, cut in chunks
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Freshly ground peppercorns (ground peppers may do, if no pepper grinder)
- 2 pinches Cayenne powder
How to make Pork Stew with Tomatoes
- We season the pork with a tbsp of freshly grounded pepper corns or pepper powder.
- With a wok or a deep pan, saute’ the garlic in hot oil. When the garlic turns golden, fry the pork on all sides. Season the dish with 1 tbsp fish sauce. When the pork cooks, put the onions, tomatoes, carrots and potatoes in. Season the dish with rest of the pepper powder and salt.
- Cover and let the dish simmer under low heat. When the onions cook, put water. Allow to boil for 30 minutes. Do not stir.
- By this time, the tomatoes are soft enough to crush. Extract their juices with a ladle against the pork. Add the tomato sauce.
- Season once more with fish sauce; and then, with cayenne powder. Let the dish cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add more cayenne for a more spicy dish.
- Serve with hot rice.