Sinanglay Tilapia Fish Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 1 big Tilapia, cut open in half but not through and through or make a 5-inch incision in the fish's belly
- 4 plump Tomatoes, cut in big bits
- 2 red Onions, cut thinly
- 1/3 cup Ginger, cut into strips
- 1 Garlic head, crushed and chopped
- 15 straws Yardlong beans (sitaw), cut in 3-4 inches length
- 1 bunch Cos lettuce (pechay or bok choi may also be used)
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 4 tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2 bunches Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tbsp. Pepper (more, if desired)
- 4 pieces Long green chili, cut open for spice
How to make Sinanglay Tilapia Fish
- Wash the fish and drain the water with a strainer.
- Meanwhile, mix the onions, tomatoes, ginger and parsley altogether in a deep bowl.
- Insert the vegetable spices or fillers inside the tilapia.Place the long green beans, green chili and remaining spices, if any, in a deep pan or wok.
- Wrap the tilapia with cos lettuce and place it on top of the beans.
- Pour the coconut milk. Season with fish sauce and ground peppers.
- Cover the pan and cook under medium to high heat.
- Check the dish after 20 minutes.Wait until the fish cooks. When the fish's eye pops out, the fish is done.
- Let it boil under medium heat for another 15 minutes without the cover or the lid.
- Taste the sauce. Add fish sauce or salt, according to your preference.
- Serve with hot rice.