All Around Flaky Pastry Crust Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsIf your lucky as I am, you would not find any pre made pie crust in my area. (none that I know of) No dough boy to meet my pastry making needs! So stumbling upon this recipe online is a big relief. 100% flaky and yummy. I did some minor adjustments from the original and it came out perfect. I used this one for my empanada but surely you can use it as a pie crust. I even ended up frying the scraps and drizzle some maple syrup on it and it was yummy! Can make this in a food processor or just use some pastry cutter or like what i did, good old fork would do.
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 stick unsalted cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. ice cold water
- 1 tbsp. regular vinegar
- pinch of salt
How to make All Around Flaky Pastry Crust
- In a small bowl beat the egg. Add in the vinegar and cold water.
- In a separate bowl or the food processor, combine the cold butter (cut in small pieces) with the flour and salt until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Put the dough mix in a well floured surface and knead for a couple of seconds just to bring everything together and form into a dough. Dont over work it. Wrap with plastic and chill for 1 hour at least.
- Roll out the dough making sure you have a well floured board and rolling pin to avoid sticking. Your crust is ready for use!