Bistek (Filipino Beef Steak) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 1/2 kilo sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice (lime would do or even plain vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- garlic minced
- 2 medium sized potatoes cut into wedges
- 3 medium size onions cut into rings
- pepper to taste
How to make Bistek (Filipino Beef Steak)
- Mix soy sauce, calamansi juice, sugar, pepper and some of the minced garlic to form a marinade.
- Pour marinade over beef and let sit for atleast 30 mins.
- Meanwhile heat some oil in a pan and fry the potato wedges till golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan saute the remaining garlic. Add the marinated beef. Stir fry until brown.
- Pour a little bit of the marinade dilluted in some water to make a sauce. Simmer for a couple of minutes till beef is tender.
- Add the potatoes and onion rings. Mix allowing the heat to wilt the onions just a bit and let its flavor incorporate in the sauce.
- Best paired with steaming rice here!