Baked Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
Ingredients1 lb Raw Extra Large Shrimp
1 Large Egg Yolk
6 tbsp Butter, room temperature
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp White Wine
2 cloves Garlic, minced
4 tbsp Shallots, minced
3 tsp Parsley, minced
2 tsp Basil, minced
1 tsp Rosemary, minced
2 tsp Lemon Zest, grated
3 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Pam spray, butter flavor
Oven safe/gratin dish to bake
How to make Baked Shrimp Scampi
This is always a hit for appetizers, just make sure you warn the guests about the garlic as some are picky about that.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F
- Clean shrimp by first removing shell. Then with a small sharp knife i.e. pearing knife, cut the outer part of the shrimp from top to bottom to devein and butterfly.
- Place cleaned shrimp in a bowl, add wine and olive oil as well as sea salt and pepper and let sit for 5-10 minutes
- In the meantime, in a seperate bowl combine garlic, shallots, parsley, basil, rosemary, lemon zest, lemon, room temperature butter, and egg. Mix together thoroughly
- Take out your oven safe/gratin baking dish. Spray with PAM butter flavor spray
- Arrangle the shrimp in the dish so they are all lined up in a single layer
- Spoon over the butter/garlic mix
- At this point you can also add some zesty bread crumbs, panko (japanese dried bread crumbs), or desired cheese
- Bake for 10-25 minutes
Let stand then serve.