Garlic Potato Wedges Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsMakes 3-4 servings.
- 3 Potatoes, washed and cut into wedges (do not touch the skin! it is needed for that crunch.)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbl olive oil
- ½ tsp corn starch
- 2 tbl of cold water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsb pepper
- A dash of paprika
How to make Garlic Potato Wedges
When I first saw this recipe on A Feast for the Eyes, I thought they looked amazing! So naturally I was inclined to give it a try. Although the directions on this blog seemed clear enough, there were no exact measurements for each ingredient. Now, this is not necessarily a bad thing if you're a well seasoned cook, but for someone like me who was starting out, it gave me some trouble.
The first time I made these potatoes, I got too greedy and used much more corn starch then I should have, and my mixture of several ingredients didn't give a good taste at all. After the potatoes were baked, all you could taste was the starch, it was horrible! Hence, my first try was a failure.
The picture above is from my second try. The second time, it turned out MUCH better. In the end however, I wished I had cut the potatoes into thin chip-like slices instead of wedges depicted above. I had experimented, and cut 4-5 thing slices, and the thinly sliced potato chip-like pieces yielded a much crunchier bite, which is always a plus in my book! I also added in several extra ingredients, along with measurements.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour olive oil into medium-high heated pan. Throw in garlic and cook until you can smell the garlic roasting. Do not cook until garlic is golden, we only want the flavor from the garlic to soak into the olive oil, perhaps 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Put potatoes into microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- Take potatoes out of microwave and mix in pot with the garlic and olive oil.
- In separate bowl, mix corn starch and water thoroughly until all corn starch has dissolved. Add cayenne pepper, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Take the mixture and mix it in with your potatoes.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and put into oven. After 15 minutes of baking, turn potatoes over. Allow to bake for another 15 minutes until done.
After 30-40 minutes in the oven, these garlic wedges/clips/fries (whatever way you want to cut it), are ready to serve! You can serve these with a burger, or be like me and eat them as they are. Yum!