Everything but the kitchen sink soup Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This is the sort of soup where you can put in pretty much everything and anything you have at hand.
- about 1½ liters of water
- 1 packet of soup stock (I usually use a clear vegetable soup for a base)
- 4-5 potatoes ($variable): You can use sweet potatoes or macaroni, etc. instead or in addition to the potatoes
- some (approx. a small handfull of each) carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, shallots, corn, peppers, basically any vegetables you like
- fresh pork sausage ($variable): chorizo, bangers, wieners, hotdogs, any type of sausage will do fine
- salt & spices to taste
How to make Everything but the kitchen sink soup
- Bring water to boil in a big pot
- Chop potatoes and anything else needing chopping, throw in pot
- Add soup stock, stirring now and then
- Let everything boil until potatoes (or what ever you are using) are starting to get soft, then squeeze the sausage into small dollops and add to the soup
- Season as needed
- Turn heat to low, let soup simmer until the sausage isn't sticky anymore
Eat & enjoy!