Winter Rainbow Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
Ingredients3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
3 cups purple potatoes, quartered or cubed, depending on size
2 cups of water or vegetable stock
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
How to make Winter Rainbow Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop all vegetables and place on a baking sheet or large cast iron pan in a single layer. (cast iron is ideal)
- Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil, sprinkle with salt & freshly ground pepper and toss to evenly coat.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender and crisp.
- While the vegetables are roasting, bring the water or stock to a boil in a small pot with a lid. Add the rinsed quinoa and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Serve the roasted vegetables over a large bed of quinoa.