vegan energy bars Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 cups quick oats (I used multigrain hot cereal)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups natural peanut butter
- 1 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make vegan energy bars
Check out this recipe on METHOD (my food blog): http://makemethod.vox.com!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut flakes, pretzels, walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, and raisins.
- Mix together peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl, then microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients (I found I needed to transfer it over to my mixer because it was difficult to mix manually). And add chocolate chips, if desired.
- Generously grease (with your favorite butter substitute) a baking sheet (I used my 9” x 13” brownie pan) and pour in mixture. Press into the pan – bars should be 1 inch thick (or so).
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pan at the half-way point.
- Let cool, refrigerate, cut into approx. 12 bars, and enjoy.
- You may also wish to just turn the mix into granola, in which case, you can simply let cool and crumble.