Roast stuffed pepper Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Six medium-sized peppers/capsicum
- 1 can of flaked tuna in brine
- 1 onion
- 7 dried chinese mushrooms (shitake mushrooms)
- Pizza cheese mix
- Salt & pepper
How to make Roast stuffed pepper
- Soften the dried chinese mushrooms in hot water and drain/squeeze out the water before finely dicing them. If you like, you can substitute with fresh shitake mushrooms.
- Finely dice the onion and add into the mushrooms before tossing in the tuna (drain the brine first).
- Add some salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare the capsicum by slicing off the tops and deseeding them. The tops can be chopped finely and added to the tuna mix.
- Add about two heaped tablespoons of pizza cheese mix to the tuna mix and stir well before stuffing each pepper.
- Sprinkle some pizza cheese and parmesan on the top and bake at 200 C until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve fresh from the oven as is or as a side dish.