Smoked salmon, leek and mushroom quiche Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Cold water
- Fresh button mushrooms
- Smoked salmon
- 200ml cream fraiche
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Grated Gruyère cheese (strong)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
How to make Smoked salmon, leek and mushroom quiche
- Prepare the dough by rubbing the butter into the flour with the tip of your fingers, producing a breadcrumb-like texture. Slowly add in the water and mix until a dough is formed. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Cut and halve the leeks into 1 1/2 inch slices, coarsely dice the mushrooms, and chop up the smoked salmon.
- In a pan/pot, saute the leeks and mushrooms with some olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste. Once the leeks soften, turn off the fire and place aside to cool.
- Remove the pastry from the refrigerator and roll out until it reaches the appropriate size (this depends on the size of your pan). Cover, trim off the excess, poke holes into the bottom with a fork and place in a preheated oven at 190 C to bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, pour in the cream fraiche, eggs, salt and pepper to taste and whisk until well-mixed.
- Pour in the milk and stir well.
- When the pastry is cooked, remove and add the filling in this order - leek & mushroom, smoked salmon, cream fraiche + egg mix and lastly the Gruyere cheese.
- Bake in the oven at the same temperature for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve fresh from the oven with salad or as it is.