Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened and cut to pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies
The photo doesn't feature nuts, as I don't like them in my cookies. It does contain the nutmeg, however, which gives it a nice kick. This makes 4 dozen cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour with baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until creamy and light. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Gradually add dry mixture into the butter-sugar wet blend, mixing with a spatula until combined. Add chocolate chips and nuts until just mixed.
- Drop tablespoon-sized clumps onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until pale brown. Allow to cool on the pan for a minute or three, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.