Rose Petal Jam Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Ingredients1 cup rose petals (clean, with no pesticides - any color)3/4 cup waterJuice 1 lemon2 1/2 cups sugar1 pkg. powdered pectin3/4 cup water
How to make Rose Petal Jam
- Be sure to use only chemical-free roses.
- Pick about 2 dozen unblemished roses (you only need a cup full of petals)
- Pull the petals from the roses and clip off the white spots at the base.
- Put the petals, water and lemon juice in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, then gradually add sugar.
- Run blender until mixture is smooth and sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a non-reactive sauce pan, stir pectin into water. Bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- With blender running on low, gradually add pectin, about an 1/8 cup at a time until you reach desired consistency (too much pectin will make jam gelatenous).
- Blend only until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into clean, dry glass jars.
- Will keep refrigerated for one month.
- Use to fill donuts, ice cakes, or on toast...the possibilities are endless!