Strawberry Butter Cake-atini Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsFor the butter cake I got it from this site so clickity click! But I omitted the nuts.
- 250 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 cup thick cream
- optional raw sugar
How to make Strawberry Butter Cake-atini
SORRY! I took the picture after we all basically devoured the cake. This was the last little piece left. It was that yummy I swear!
I took the butter cake recipe from here. It's pretty easy and basic but since I wanted to eventually turn it into a layer cake with strawberries, I didn't add in the nuts. In retrospect, I wonder if it would've provided a nice texture. Hmm..
- Preheat oven to 180 deg .
- Swift the flour and the baking powder .
- beat the butter and the sugar until the sugar melts.
- add the eggs one at a time . beat .
- add the vanilla extract .
- bake .
- cool it when done .
- Wipe strawberries clean and then remove leaves and the middle bit then slice finely.
- Beat cream till it's almost thick enough to stand on it's own. But don't overdo it, I had a friend who beat the cream for too long and it actually churned and turned into butter.
- Slice up butter cake into 4 layers and then put one layer of cream on each slice and on top of that a layer of finely sliced strawberries. Sugar is optional, it's just for those with a mega sweet tooth.
- Stack them back up, decorate, slice into serving sized pieces and NOM!