Sambal seafood fried rice Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 1 pack frozen seafood (prawns, bay scallops, calamari)
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, blanched and set aside
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 clove shallot sliced thinly
- 1tbsp or more (if you can take the heat!) of sambal belacan (Sambal Belacan is a Malay style sambal. Chili pounded with toasted shrimp paste - belacan). A Malaysian-Chinese version is to fry belacan with chili.
How to make Sambal seafood fried rice
- Heat 1tbsp oil in frying pan, fry the garlic and shallots till fragrant
- Add in seafood and fry till seafood is cooked (turn "opaque")
- Add in sambal belacan, and mix well. Continue fry for 1 min
- Add in vegetables and continue fry for 1 min
- If too dry, add some water
- Add in cooked rice and mix well (Or dish out the spicy seafood and cook the fried rice via the rice-cooker method)