Egg in Toast Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, preferably thick slice type
- Salted Butter
How to make Egg in Toast
- Use a cookie cutter or a glass to cut a hole in the middle of the bread.
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread.
- Spread some butter on a frying pan and place the bread on it.
- Using small fire, crack the egg into the hole.
- When the egg is set, flip it over and continue cooking for a while.
- Dish and serve.
- I cooked on small fire so as not to burn the bread and the bottom of the egg. So you have to patient if you prefer a more cooked egg.
- If the egg you are using is big, then you need a bigger hole. Otherwise the egg will 'over flow'.
- You can sprinkle some salt and pepper if you wish but I don't think it's necessary since salted butter is used.
- Don't waste the cut out bread. Toast it and eat it too!