Spicy Mayonnaise Prawns Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 10 (or more) Medium Prawns, shells removed, back slit and devien.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour
- A pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise (I use Japanese Mayo)
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
How to make Spicy Mayonnaise Prawns
- Mix prawns, egg, salt and cornflour together.
- Combine ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Deep fry prawns till golden brown.
- Remove and drain.
- In a wok, add 1/2 tablespoon oil, add the combined sauce and prawns
- Stir fry in low heat till the prawns are coated with sauce.
- Dish and serve hot.
- I used two egg yolks instead of a whole egg to achieve a more yellow look for the prawns. Using whole egg is fine.
- Add more chilli sauce if you prefer it to be more spicy or you can add tomato sauce instead if kids are having it. Personally, adding chilli sauce taste better compared to tomato sauce. I tried that. wink