Lemony Chicken Milanese Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- chicken breasts, pounded thin (gives it a velvety texture when you bite into it, practically melts in your mouth)
- bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- eggs, beaten
- all-purpose flour
- lemon wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
How to make Lemony Chicken Milanese
This dish can be made with veal, instead of chicken and makes a quick, filling meal. Great served with pasta.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- To keep it neat and clean, pour flour onto a plate and set aside. Do the same with eggs and then with breadcrumb mixture.
- Dredge chicken in flour and tap away excess.
- Dip chicken into egg.
- Cover chicken with breadcrumbs and press them in.
- Fry chicken on the first side for about 30 seconds, flip and fry for another 20 seconds. If you've pounded the chicken thin enough, cooking time is greatly reduced.
- Once chicken is cooked, place on a paper towel-lined plate in order to absorb excess oil.
- Best served room temperature with a squeeze of lemon and additional lemon slices.