Garlic Risotto and Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
5 cups vegetable broth extra virgin olive oil 1 shallot (minced) 1 small onion, minched -- (I like red, for color) 2 cups arborio rice 1/2 cupe DRY white wine 2 garlic cloves minced --- I often add more. parmesan cheese (optional) salt and pepper
16 stalks of fresh asparagus (rough ends trimmed)
Note: *I also like to halve them, the long way (so it seems like you have two stalks of asparagus) because it seems to make them even more tender and flavorful!
2 garlic cloves minced --- sometimes I add more because I love garlic
salt and pepper
How to make Garlic Risotto and Roasted Asparagus
First off, I apologize for the lack of a REAL picture, but I just LOVE this recipe and had to share it. I made it before I learned of this "food community" and did not take a picture, but WILL definitely take a picture when I make it next time. So hopefully the food police won't arrest me for this heinous crime as I know it is a PICTURE recipe deal.
I adapted this recipe from something I saw in a magazine(not quite sure which one), but chose to cut down on some of the ingredients (ie. olive oil, veg. broth-- high in sodium) that may have made the dish less healthy than it needed to be. You can play around with the ingredients...Because I don't eat red meat, I chose to substitute chicken broth with veg. broth. This is a delicious as well as tasty dish. My parents and my brothers went crazy over this paired with some spinach and mushroom stuffed chicken breasts that I made just for them. Recipe coming as well.
1) Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan over med. heat. Then add the garlic, shallots and onion. Saute until light golden.
2) Add rice and stir for about a minute. Then add wine and stir untl the wine evaporates.
2) Add broth and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
3) Continue adding more broth, usually in 1/2 cupfuls, until rice is tender and creamy [I usually try a piece], and ALL the broth is absorbed.
* You could also add mushrooms and carrots or peas! OH MY!*
1) Preheat oven to 450F.
2) PLace asparagus in baking dish --- drizzle lightly with olive oil --- then sprinkle garlic over them.
2)Bake asparagus until tender -- about 15 min.
3) Season with salt and pepper!!!