Mine Renversé ( Upside down noodles) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 1 egg per person
- Chicken breast sliced
- Mushrooms, I used oyster mushrooms, but shiitake or any will do
- Some green vegetables
- Chinese sausage (steamed and sliced)
- Prawns (shelled, deveined and seasoned)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
Cooked noodles or rice
For the sauce :
- Soya sauce
- Fish sauce
- salt and sugar to taste
- oyster sauce
- hoisin sauce
- chinese wine
How to make Mine Renversé ( Upside down noodles)
This is a traditional mauritian dish, one of the most common and simple, but a real favourite. I added a little twist in that dish, the original one calls for rice, but I decided to use noodles.
- First, in a hot wok, fry the eggs. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with some salt, pepper, soya sauce and 1 tsp cornstarch.
- Heat some oil in the wok, add the garlic, add the chicken and stir fry. Add the sliced mushrooms. Stir fry. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil, stir fry the prawns. Set aside.
- Add some more oil and stir fry the green vegetables. Set aside.
- Mix some soya sauce, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, salt and a dash of sugar.
- Heat the wok, add the sauce, add some water, bring to the boil, add a little bit of wine.
- Mix 2tsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp water. Add to the sauce, stir and cook until thick.
Now for the presentation, as you see, it's really simple to make, the only difference with a normal rice dish, is that everything is put in a bowl and served upside down.
- First put the egg, sunny side down in a medium bowl.
- Add some chicken, prawns, vegetables and chinese sausages. Arrange them nicely around in the bowl,add some sauce in the middle.
- Lastly, add the hot rice or noodles. You can add some more sauce on the top if you wish.
- Then place a plate on top and turn the bowl upside down. Lift the bowl and 'Tada!!'
The kids will be happy to eat this little egg-capped mountain !