Mashed Potatoes with Horseradish and Scallions Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 pounds whole russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 stick softened butter or 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chopped scallions
How to make Mashed Potatoes with Horseradish and Scallions
1. Put the potatoes in a saucepan; cover with cold water and add 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-low to medium heat and cook, uncovered, until tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes and let sit until just cool enough to handle, then peel and transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the butter to the potatoes. Add the milk, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and pepper to taste; mash with a potato masher or fork.
4. Fold in the horseradish. Spoon the mashed potatoes into a serving dish and sprinkle with the scallions.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim