Herb and Sesame Scallops Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme, 6 sprigs
- 6 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 head fennel, thinly sliced, plus fronds
- 12 sea scallops, pat dry, check to make sure the foot has been removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to make Herb and Sesame Scallops
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Combine parsley, thyme, sesame seeds, lemon zest, and fennel fronds.
3. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Roll the sides of the scallops in herb mix.
4. Coat a cast iron skillet or a nonstick pan with olive oil, about 2 tablespoons.
5. Place scallops in hot skillet and sear about 2 minutes per side until the scallops are opaque and firm.
Makes 4 servings, Difficulty: Easy