Sand Dabs (Flounder Fillets) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 20 to 25 sand dab (flounder) fillets
- 4 cups cracker meal (seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- Lemon wedges
How to make Sand Dabs (Flounder Fillets)
1. Coat the fillets on both sides with seasoned cracker meal. Heat about 4 to 6 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large shallow pan. Add sand dabs and fry over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove the filets with a spatula and place on a warmed serving platter.
2. Use a little of the pan juices to pour over the fish. Keep them hot. Fry the remaining fillets, adding more oil if needed. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and garnish with the parsley. Add lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Time: 30 minutes, Makes 4 servings, Difficulty: Intermediate