Shrimp Shish Kebabs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3 pounds giant shrimp,U 10 size, peeled
- 4 long branches rosemary, leaves removed to yield skewers, leaves set aside
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 ounces limoncello
- 2 bunches oregano, leaves removed and bruised
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
How to make Shrimp Shish Kebabs
Divide the shrimp into four equal portions and skewer them on each of the four rosemary branches. In a large, non-reactive casserole, combine the lemon juice and zest, limoncello, oregano and olive oil and place shrimp in the marinade, turning skewers to make sure that shrimp are well-coated. Cover, place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill or broiler. If using a charcoal grill, just before beginning to cook the shrimp, scatter the rosemary leaves over the coals. Cook each skewer for three minutes, then turn and cook for 1 minute more, basting with marinade. Serve either hot, or cooled.