Roast Garlic Aioli Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 4 bulbs garlic
- olive oil
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 2 cups olive oil
How to make Roast Garlic Aioli
I hosted a baby party lunch today for 3 couples, each with babies of various ages and walking abilities. As I had no baby of my own to brandish, I instead served up a toddler-sized roast chook and about 5 salads... and this roast garlic aioli.
Half the fun of roasting garlic is in harvesting the creamy, caramelised garlic flesh from their papery cradles. I reckon.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg celsius
- Lop off the dry stem of each garlic bulb so the tips don't char in the oven. Put bulbs on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast for about 45min or till garlic turns a hint of brown or juices start to dribble out and caramelise.
- Leave until cool enough to handle, then squeeze garlic pulp out of each clove into a bowl.
- Add salt (I did about 2 tsp) and mash salt and garlic together with a fork.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together ( I used a handheld electric beater).
- While whisking, add olive oil in a thin, steady stream and continue until mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Add garlic and salt mixture and continue whisking till combined.
- Add more salt to taste.